NGO “Academy of Success” was a partner in the Project “Be Proactive Be ProYouth” which was 7 days training course that took place in the city Vienna, Austria. The project started on 24th of September until 01 October 2016. The participants were 32 youth workers and young leaders over the age of 18, from Austria, Bulgaria, Turkey, Romania, Macedonia, Croatia, Italy, Lithuania, and Estonia with aims to educate youth workers about forms of active participation of young people, active EU citizenship, strategies and legal framework. Aplicant organization was Credibil-Youthwork.
Main objectives of this Training Course are:
-To further explore “Erasmus+” Programme as a significant tool for promoting Active Citizenship within youth work;
– To raise awareness about the active EU citizenship in multicultural societies;
– To address key participation related issues concerning youth workers nowadays;
– To enhance intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding;
– To increase awareness of active participation as a social construction in broaden European dimension.
– To give practical tips and tools for enhancing active participation in youth work;
This project will put special focus on including opportunities offered by EU tools, funds, ant other possibilities for young people. The overall aim of the seminar is to train youth workers, youth leaders, teachers, social workers, etc. on empowering staff and networking related to the activities aiming to rise awareness of young people on local, national and EU level about active participation.